Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Halloween mixed media box

   For Halloween, I wanted to make a festive box. I took an old Whitman’s assorted chocolate sampler box and painted the edges orange. I had some Halloween paper lying around from a long time ago I had not used yet with pumpkins on it, just seemed perfect for this project. On the top of the box I added lace, and on the two long sides. 


     Inside on the top has purple lace. The paper is some paper I got in a mix from a website that went out of business a while ago. 

     For the center piece on the outside, I took a clearance Halloween wooden laser tag from Michaels and distressed all the edges first with black ink, then painted it with diluted acrylic paint.


     All of the black roses were punched out with an EK punch. The smaller orange roses I cut out by hand, and used to black glitter puffy paint. The two butterflies on the tag were punched out using the Martha Stewart layering punch.







No comments:

Post a Comment