Thursday, May 3, 2018

Final Fantasy themed cards

In a previous post, I showed a comic book card and gift box I made. Today, I'm showing my creations themed with Final Fantasy characters.


 For those of you who aren't into video game, I'll do my best to explain them. This was a birthday card I made for a friend. The little guy on the front here is a moogle, and they call everyone by the name, "kupo".


To the same person the card up above was given to, I made them a Christmas card with a little guy called a cactuar. They are cacti that run SUPER fast around in the desert. 



This next card was for my bf. The name on the front was the name he used in the game we played together, Final Fantasy XI. I had went online and found silhouette pictures of females, and printed them out to scale for what I wanted. I cut out some butterfly wings and turned her into a fairy. My name being Pixie and all, I wanted it to have a personal touch.

I fussy cut a bunch of leaves/plants and moths from this beautiful paper pad I have, Habitat by Recollections.  


At the time of making these, I didn't take pictures for records, or plans on doing a blog or anything, so sometimes I have to block out sentiments that have been written. On the inside, I have made what are called a mandragora (left), and a lycopodium (right). For those of you who don't know the games or characters, the names won't mean much, but for those who do, I'm sure you will appreciate the effort put into making these cuties! 


This next card, instead of making a chipboard template and cutting out colored cardstock to make the characters, I drew the character on paper and colored it by hand. I drew this little guy, called a chocobo on watercolor paper, and colored with watercolor pencils. The "kweh!" is the sound it makes in the game. I also distressed the black cardstock base, giving it a weathered look. 


Last, but certainly not least, is my very first mini album I ever made. It was Final Fantasy XI themed, and showed pictures of my time spent at a fanfest. Please check the video out by clicking the link (if it isn't clickable, simply copy/paste into your search bar). If you liked what you saw, please give my video a thumbs up! I hope you enjoyed seeing my nerdy crafts, video game fan or not! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08NmCD_vgeI









No comments:

Post a Comment