Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Sympathy card

Today I will be showing a card I made for a dear friend. Sadly, tragedy can happen to anyone at any time. But with love and support, we can help those affected by it though the hard times.


For this card, I used a pink cardstock base, and distressed the edges with smokey distress ink from Tim Holtz. The pattern paper I used here is from Recollections Modern Bouquet paper pad. 


The "Family Forever" wording I got from Michaels in their lazer wood cut section. They have a very nice selection these days, I do enjoy looking around. The prices are really great too! The lace is just some red lace I picked up from Wal-Mart. It comes in a little plastic ball, various colors. I always grab a few while I'm there in at least white and black.


Upon opening the card, on the left side is for my sentiments. White on pink cardstock, distressed with smokey ink. I used clear flat black bling in the corners. The feathers are die cuts from Spellbinders.



The feather on top I used a pop dot to give it a 3-D effect. 



Looking to the right inside the card,  you will find wording saying "You are not alone" die cut out of an alphabet die in dark and light pink cardstock. Still using the feathers on this page, I also added a pixie in the corner (representing myself - I am Pixie after all!) All the flowers on the front and back have been made with a 5 petal flower punch. 











No comments:

Post a Comment